Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Love Comes Softly and A Young Maiden's Daybook #9

This is what my Mum got me for my birthday. Yes it is a little late but when they are coming from America and being back ordered... I think you get the picture. But although I couldn't find a picture of it, Mum actually got the first three movies in a set!
Love Comes Softly
Love's Enduring Promise
Love's Long Journey

Personally I think the books are much better (like any book that has been made into a movie), but although the movie makers changed a lot in them they are still very good movies which I would recommend to almost anybody (one of my favorite things about the movies is that Come Thou Fount Of Every Blessing is the theme song)!

I know it happens to be Wednesday but seeing as though I didn't get around to it on Monday I thought I would do a Young Maiden's Day Book today :).

A Young Maiden's Day Book

Today.... Wednesday, 29th July

Outside my window... Its over cast and the fog is creeping over the saddle in the hill into our valley, its kinda surrounding the hill and when it comes up further we wont be able to see the hill.

I am thinking.... That my Mum just told me I should get a lot more done on my course, and that I have set my self a goal to use all of the old fabric we have before Christmas (now I have said it, I need to keep it, lol).

I am thankful for (This time I am going to change this to "I am happy that).... there was a Jersey calf born yesterday, Kurt will be happy because he has wanted to see what one looks like :D.

I am wearing.... my P.J.'s, black top, black track suit pants, and my snugly blue and white striped dressing gown.

I am reading.... (Lately I have to think "Now what HAVE I been reading?!" lol) When Quilt Designers Think Small.

I am creating.... a late birthday present for my Mum and finishing off the handbag I started last week (its almost finished).

One of my favourite things.... Warm mornings in Winter.

For education this week.... Writing, I have to finish my assignment, and maybe some English if I have time.

A keeper at home skill I am using/learning: sewing, cleaning and cooking

A spiritual lesson I'm learning.... to see the good in every thing (still) and to be content.

A godly character trait I plan to work on.... being patient with every body and every thing (I am not going to change this because I still need to work on it)

I am praying for.... I don't think I will fill this out anymore because we are supposed to do things before the Lord and not before men and to do things in secret and I don't think filling this out every week is being very secretive.

For the rest of the week.... Farm work, house work, writing, sewing, hair cut, and next week the dreaded visit to the dentist!!!

A picture I'd like to share.... Shared it up top.

2 comments:

Cassandra said...

Oh, Kathy! I love that movie! We own them all, but I've only seen the first one.

That's funny! I absolutely LOVE going to the dentist. I guess that everybody is different. :D

Gruss Gott!
Cassie

Cassandra said...

Kathy- I thought that you would like this quiz! I just sent you an email about the Skype... I'm so unfathomably excited, it's unreal! YAY!
Gruss Gott,
Cassie