Monday, July 6, 2009

untitled and A Young Maidens Day Book

Well a few interesting things have happened over the last few days.

Yesterday we found out the Ayala's mare isn't pregnant like we hoped. That was a bit of a disappointment. We are slightly worried though, because about a year and a half ago, Luka (the mare) had tetanus and we were told then that she would be a ruined horse if she ever recovered. But thankfully a miracle happened and she was fine, we are just wondering if being ill like that could have damaged some of her organs, we have still to ask the vet about it so it is just a theory.

Today, Face book decided they didn't like me anymore and deleted my account. At first I thought it may have been because I was home schooled, but after a bit of searching through the terms and conditions I found an exception for home schooled kids. Then after a bit of thought I guessed it could have been because I made a comment about God. But my sisters talked me out of that one, and now I have no idea! Which is annoying because in the terms and conditions (yes I read most of it!) they clearly stated that they would contact me before they deleted my account, so I am left scratching my head... I guess all things work together for good to them that love God and are called according to his purpose.
Monday, I guess I should do a Young Maidens Day Book well here goes.


Today.... Monday, 6 July

Outside my window... Its dark, I am writing this in the evening

I am thinking.... Wondering why, and thinking that I love the sound of Amazing Grace on Bagpipes (its on my play list) and thinking that I love the movie too

I am thankful for.... That I got kicked off Face book (I have no idea why I am thankful for that!), for the beauty of the earth, for the glory of the skies, for the love which from our birth over and around us lies, Lord of all to Thee I raise this my hymn of grateful praise. For the joy of human love, brother, sister, parent child, friends on earth and Friend above, pleasures pure and undefiled, Lord of all to Thee I raise this my hymn of grateful praise. For the gift of Thy dear Son, for the hope of heaven at last, for the Spirit's victory won, for the crown when life is past, Lord of all to Thee I raise hymns of gratitude and praise. (Wow, I just started writing 'for the beauty of the earth' and I just felt I needed to write the whole song, and I realised that is exactly what I am thankful for right now!)

I am wearing.... Black wool jumper, loose blue jeans and white socks
I am reading.... The hiding place

I am creating.... Stuff in my head, haven't transferred them to my hands yet
One of my favourite things.... sunshine after rain (its been raining a lot lately)
For education this week.... Writing

A keeper at home skill I am using/learning: Sewing and designing things

A spiritual lesson I'm learning.... To be content in all things

A godly character trait I plan to work on.... being content in my circumstances
I am praying for.... a few people

For the rest of the week.... Farm work, house work and 'making stuff' work
Pictures I'd like to share:
These photos are a couple of years old but I wanted to share them with you. :D

This is the first poddy calf that I ever raised, Rosie, and her calf Buddy, my Mum found the photo the other day and I thought they were cute :D

This photo was taken just after Ayala's 15th B'day. We have a matching photo somewhere taken a couple of months ago (will post it at later date).

This, as all of you should know, lol, is a wombat. And no he is not dead, he is asleep. His name was Woko, he was the best pet EVER!!! Now I know you aren't supposed to keep wild animals as pets but when his mother met an untimely end, we picked him up (he was only about a month old) I couldn't resist asking my Dad if we could keep him. He said yes!!! We took him home and gave him some milk and put him in a box, the middle of that night he dug through the box and got under my bed and called to me (wombats have a funny call, its basically a series of grunts). From that night on he found ingenious ways of getting out of his box and finally found a way to get up on Mum and Dad's bed, lol! There are heaps more stories that I could tell but I don't have the time right now. We were all sad the day he got out of the yard and fell asleep under Dad's car.

Well I really need to go.

Your author

Kathy

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

I'm sorry that you got deleted from Facebook and I hope that Ayala's mare is Okay. :)

Those we great pictures... how amazing that you had a pet wombat! He's so cute!!!