Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A few weird things, some big, some small and some in between :)

This morning my Dad came in to ask me to make him and mum and cuppa (people who don't know, this is short for 'cup of') so I did, as I was walking down to the dairy with the two 'cuppas' I noticed what a beautiful morning it was. There was sunshine everywhere, but the clouds were also everywhere but they were the dark grey blue kind that makes me want to touch them to see if they are real, in the paddock that is supposed to be the vegetable garden (which is not quite that with the best grass on the property, lol) the dew was heavy and it looked like hundreds of diamonds on a bed of green velvet. Forgive my moments of weird romantic thoughts, I get like that sometimes :). Have you ever noticed that cockatoos (people who don't know, cockatoos are actually a very pesky white bird with a very loud screech for a voice) actually look like huge white roses from a long way away, imagine that... paddocks of huge white flying roses, hehe. Ok now I am sounding weird!
Next subject... What else other than writing :). I just sent my second assignment in, I have this horrible feeling that it was ten times worse than the first one. I had to think of between three and six book ideas, not subject area, book ideas... That is all fine and good... for some one who entered the whole course with the idea of writing a book!! But for me... I haven't yet got a single clue to what I am going to write about in the future. And then after I had thought about what book ideas I was going to go with, I had to choose one and answer a bunch of questions about how I was going to turn it into a book and why I think readers would be interested in it and what slants I am going to take on the silly thing!
Do you ever get the feeling you have gone for your dream and over shot by a hundred thousand miles?! then you would probably have felt like I do right now. I started this course with the feeling this was going to be the easiest thing I have ever done, and I was probably right if I didn't worry about failing. I know most people are going 'just do your best and leave the rest up to God' yeah that's probably the best thing to do, I agree... except when I know I haven't done my best. I wrote this last assignment off the top of my head and seeing as though I knew I had spent too long on it, I gave it to my tutor before I changed my mind about something and spent another month trying to fix it.
I have to go, after missing a few days of doing washing I have the starting of Mt Wash-more again.
God Bless and I hope everyone had a better day than I am having right now :)

No comments: