Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A fun but long day...

Today... My mum and I fixed sprinklers this morning, it was a bit of a rotten job because my brother had plowed over a few outlets so we had to dig where we thought they were and if we were wrong we had to keep digging till we found it. The first one took ages to find, and you can probably imagine how we felt after digging a hole approx. three feet long and 1 1/2 feet wide, to find the outlet about half a foot from where we started :P.

This afternoon Dan and I had to go burn a paddock, that was fun till our neighbor turned up (this woman is a little weird)and went on about how we shouldn't be burning down her fence (which we weren't, we were trying our hardest not to), that put a bit of a damper on things. But seeing as we still have to finish the job it looks as if we will be doing it again tomorrow.

These last couple of weeks have been a little hard on all of my family. My sister is turning 18 in a month, and my grandparents (who aren't Christians) want us to go and have the big party and let Ayala do what she wants. My parents don't see this in the same light, so we are trying to sort something out that we can all agree on, but I have this feeling someone isn't going to be happy (most probably my grandparents). On top of this I am going to be 15 a month after that, and that means I am old enough to get a job, so my Dad and brother have to take on my part of the work load on the farm (which, might I add, isn't very small), and my Mum has been trying to get me finishing projects and doing school and getting a portfolio going (to show my future boss that I am not a dill), so in other words everything has been a little hectic, lol!
I have to go, till next time I write!

No comments: