Monday, April 27, 2009

Our Weekend

Phew! we are home :). This weekend we went to Myrtleford for my great grandpa's 90th birthday. Of course all our extended family were there also. Poor Grandpa, before the party had even started he had to go to hospital because he had a really bad ear infection.
My family and I are ordinary people, farmers (on my Dad's side) for unkown amount of generations... But, my extended family on my Mum's side... are not. They are rich (as are my Dad's side, but they got money for working hard all their lives) and act like it, which after a while can get a bit grating after a while of listening to them talk about their freinds who are going off to their uncle's oil rig for the summer (!), or about going to Europe for the yatch races, OH and dont forget my cousin is going to law school, and another one is a world champion yatch racer!!! After this weekend was over I was sick of stuffy good clothes, make-up, jewlery, and perfume, I couldnt wait to get back home and get into a pair of comfy jeans and T-shirt!
Other than that it was Ok, I guess (except for almost choking the night before)... We stayed with my Aunt and Uncle, and we were given the job of blowing up 100 balloons, so we all sat round the breakfast table blowing up these balloons, I think we got to seventy and gave up because every one was out of breath and thourghly sick of balloons! Half way through cutting the cake one of the balloons popped and gave everyone a fright, lol!
We went to another fellowship meeting today, it was really a welcome releif talking to people I knew well and who could talk about more subjects than money.
Well I gotta go, because of the fellowship meeting today I didnt do any schoolwork so I had better go do some.
P.S I did write a post Saturday morning but because my Internet wasnt at its best it didnt publish and I lost the lot :P.
P.P.S I am entering the Elaine Mitchell Rural Womens Writing Award, so more writing to do, lol!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you've had a busy weekend!
How neat to celebrate your grampa's 90th.
You most certainly may join my daybook :)
I would love to read your entries and
look forward to getting to know you better.
Just for clarifictation of participation requirements...
I ask if you could link back to my blog on your entry as well as sign my Mr.Linky when you do it.
That way, I and others can read your daybook too :)
Thank you for asking to join!
I hope you have a great week.
~Alexandra