Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Writing assignment etc.

I got 84 out of 100 on my first assignment! Woo!! I am soo happy! I was really worried that I wasn't going to do well, but then as my Mum is always telling me "You are your own worst critic" so I guess I really was this time. My tutor is really nice, she helped me out a lot. She said I sound like I write as if I am talking... I dunno, do I? apparently it will be very easy for me to develop a unique style of writing. I am really enjoying doing this course, not long ago I was kinda doubting my abilities and the fact that I am only 14, being only 14 can be a real downer when you really want to do something but you feel you cant because you are too young, but I guess you just have to give it your best shot and if it doesn't work don't give up (this isn't always the easiest thing to do!). Well I now have to find my self a note book to carry around with me, this might be a bit hard cos around the farm I see so many things I want to write down but when you carry a note book, around a farm, it usually gets dirty or wet, or the worst... lost! Oh well I guess I will have to be extra careful with it.
I have to do some sewing later today, its kinda annoying when you know you have to do something but all you want to do is write. But then what ever you wanted to write always comes out wrong! Ok, I think I will leave that there, and go do the sewing, lol!
Bye.
P.S.
This was how my tutor graded me assignment (just so you know what I am talking about :) I got a 'D'.

HDs and Ds: (75-100) I very rarely give High Distinctions and Distinctions. This is because I consider a Distinction is earned only if your work is pretty close to perfect / publication standard. A Distinction will mean not only that you have performed exceptionally well, showing an understanding of whatever was being taught in the related tutorial but that your writing is also expressive and lively. A Distinction or High Distinction is not easily earned so if you do receive one, it’s a real achievement.
CR: (65-74) A Credit means that you have performed very well. You have shown a clear understanding of the material being tested, and your writing is of a high standard. There will be, however, some room for improvement – perhaps your language could be tighter, your organisation a bit more ordered or your punctuation needs sharpening up.
PA (50-64) A Pass means that you have a good grasp of the material presented in the course and you have a satisfactory level of achievement. The work does, however, need more polish. The comments with your assignment and any editing marks, will show you how you can improve.
FA: (49 or less) A Fail means that a lot more work is needed. If you are awarded a Fail I will tell you what you need to do next to help you work towards a Pass standard.
WD: I rarely fail an assignment without giving a student the chance to resubmit. This means you will receive a WD or your grade will be ‘withheld’. You will have another chance to try again.

3 comments:

Cassandra said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you!!! :)

Katherine Alice said...

Hey Cassie! Thanks :)

Kim said...

I am a homeschool mom of a 10 year old boy in the United States & find your blog interesting. I see you got a D in writing which I see means "Distinction". In the U.S. a D is bad so I'm glad to see yours means a job well done. I am going to add you to the blogs I follow because I think it will be interesting for my son to see how life is lived in another country. Good luck with your blog!